It’s been 6 months since I sat in a freezing cold OR with hubby at my side as a team of doctor’s carefully sliced my lower abdomen to deliver the most incredible gift I’ve ever received.
I’m in awe at how much has changed between then and now. My son who was once a tiny (but long!) immobile baby, is now an active, semi-crawling but definitely moving, solids eating, big boy! Here are a few highlights leading up to his sixth month of life.
- He’s [still] teething which means lots and lots of drool everywhere
- Everything goes into his mouth! His most favorite item always seems to be whatever shirt I’m wearing lol
- He LOVES to eat! I make most of his food from scratch (blog post about his eating habits coming soon!) and he’s not a picky eater at all!
- He is sitting up straight on his own! This started about a week ago and little by little his back is getting stronger. Just yesterday he was able to sit in the front of a shopping cart with no issues at all.
- “Da da da da da…” is this his first word? I’m not sure but he does say it ALL the time while I counter him by saying “Ma ma ma ma”
- Daniel Tiger is his new favorite show and what’s great is that he ENGAGES with the show! When the theme song comes on he gets super excited and while Daniel is talking he starts smiling and giggling. It’s the most adorable thing ever.