I’m one of those cheesy, “I Love Christmas Year-Round” type girls. For those who follow me on Snapchat & Instagram (which you should! @LessysWorld on both lol) know that I was bitten by the Christmas bug in June which is actually a bit earlier than usual this year. Naturally, that only heightened my excitement for the Holiday season and all that it entails!
This year, on the very top of my list of “Christmas To-Do’s”, was CHRISTMAS CARDS! I’ve wanted to do it since I got married almost 5 years ago but every year something happened that stopped it from happening (procrastination, couldn’t afford a photo shoot, etc.) and this year, I made sure to get it done. So, let’s hop into the details.
- In preparation for ordering our Christmas cards, I first made a detailed list of everyone we wanted to send/give the cards to. Once I completed that list, I made an indication to all of those who I needed to mail the cards to so I knew how many stamps I’d need to purchase.
- I know a good bit of really incredible photographers who I’ve used in the past for various shoots so I initially thought that I would contact one of them BUT I ended up winning a photo shoot by an incredible husband-wife duo through J.S. Louis Photography and I was SOOOO incredibly pleased with their work! They were patient when Nick wasn’t in the mood for pictures and while we were given the freedom to be natural, I also loved that they gave us instruction on how to pose (because I NEVER know what to do during a photoshoot lol). I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking to do ANY type of photoshoot in the NYC area.
- After researching lots of different companies to have the cards created and printed with, I settled on Photo Affections. They had lots of great options to choose from AND I ended up finding a Groupon to use that help cut the cost tremendously.
- Even though the process was pretty simple there are a few things I wish I did differently one of which is beginning earlier. The “Christmas Season” technically starts after Thanksgiving and next year I’d like to be mailing it out my cards at the very top of December.
- The last thing I’d like to note is more of an addition than something I would actually change. I would include STICKERS! Very cheesy, I know but I would love to include some cute Christmasy stickers on each of the envelopes lol.
All in all, I’m so super happy with the fact that I got these cards DONE! For the remainder of this year and going into 2018, my #1 goal is to do all the things I want to do in spite of non-ideal circumstances. I’m going to create the world I want to live in, little by little, using what I have and that EXCITES me!!
For the grand reveal for the actual Christmas Card, stay tuned to my Instagram page on Christmas Day!
Love you all! :*