I was given the opportunity to do a review on a product from the Nava by Adorn Me Beauty product line called “Healing Mango Body Butter”. The CEO and founder of the company, Nancy Anderson, who is also an esthetican and makeup artist, started this home-made, all natural skin care line that specializes in healing skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
If you’ve been following me for some time, you know that I spoke about having psoriasis on various parts of my body and therefore, I’m ALL for natural products that won’t irritate my skin.
Here are the things I noticed from using the product:
- It goes on best when your skin is damp so the best time to use it is when you’re fresh out the shower.
- A little goes a loooooong way! I am a chunky sista, and therefore I always assume I have to use a whooole lot of lotion/cream/butter in order to cover my whole body (more specifically my legs); I got a rude awakening when I tried that with this product!
- It is oil based – hence the reason a little goes a long way. I learned that it’s best to take a small bit in your hand and rub it in order to turn the seemingly solid product into a more oily/liquid consistency to make it easier to apply.
- The scent – I usually LOVE anything mango and was a bit disappointed that it didn’t smell like the usual mango lotions. However, the smell wasn’t bad at all – it had more of an earthy, natural aroma which reminded me of the Bath & Body Works Sensual Aromatherapy lotion.
- It is makes my skin SOOOO soft!!! I hate creams that tend to dry out your skin – that is totally pointless! This product, makes my skin soft, suple, and most importantly – MOISTURIZED!
If you’d like to try this product and others from the product line, check out the Adorn Me Beauty website right here. In addition, if you’re looking for makeup services, I highly recommend Nancy as she was my makeup artist for my wedding! 🙂