Nick’s first toddler birthday party was suuuuuuuuuuch a success!! We were working with a pretty tight budget so I had to find ways to make the most of our money – and I think I succeeded!
Nick absolutely loved Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood so it was a no brainer to make that the theme.
Here are each of the items purchased to make the day complete:
- Daniel Tiger “Happy Birthday” Banner from Amazon- $14.99
- Daniel Tiger Cake & Cupcake Toppers from Amazon – $14.50
- Thank You Photo for Guests – $0 to create, $2.82 for 24 prints (I ordered via Walgreens.com – they ALWAYS have coupons for photos and other items; I used a 40% off coupon.)
- Magnet tape from Michaels to attach to the back of the photos – $1.37 (I used a 40% off coupon found online that can be used in stores as well!)
- Command Mini Hooks (to hook up the banner) from Michaels – $2.99 (I used the same 40% off coupon, I went to purchase this on a separate date)
- Custom Cake & Cupcakes from Shoprite – $19.95
TOTAL COST: $56.62
To say I’m proud is an understatement!
For food we kept it VERY light, crackers & cheese, fruit, and cookies by Simply,Cookies. I didn’t include the prices for these because my mother and sisters helped out on this end but if I had to estimate, I’m sure it was under $15.
If you’re a momma and want to plan a party for your toddler don’t be discouraged by a minimal budget. You can do it!! Here are a few tips on how!
- Coupons, coupons, coupons! Never make a purchase without first seeing if there’s a coupon that you can use.
- Be creative – think of FREE resources you can use to make the party fun (ps: I used Canva.com to create my photo gift!)
- Research before you make any final purchases – I looked at 2 other places before I settled on my banner and cupcake toppers
- Go simple with food choices
I hope these tips help you create an amazing and fun birthday party for your toddler!!